November 12, 2010.
My alarm went off at 7:40a.m the morning of November 12th. I could hardly focus as I was getting dressed. "What am I going to wear? Jeans? A dress? A black blouse (as she always wears)? No, I can't show up matching...think Hannah, think. Will she compliment my outfit? oohheemmmgeeee. I'm putting too much thought into this." I put on a pair of jeans, a shirt, and a sweater...ate breakfast, and it was out the door we went. (mom & hunter).
As we were driving to south coast plaza, we were all chatting away about if she would be nice? Mean? Quiet? We had been anticipating the moment for over a month now!
We arrived at 9:00a.m sharp, received our pre-bought (first cook-book), and took our spots in line where we patiently waited for 3 hours.
I could hardly stand the excitement as 11:30a.m rolled around, and an announcement was made... SHE'S Here! ahfkajhdfkhakghakjghkjhfgkjhfg!!!!!!! I couldn't take it! The line began to move as my mom, hunter, and I got closer and closer to our cooking idol. The moment had finally arrived.
My first Cookbook
Hunts and I
Mom talking to Ina Garten! "My marshmallow's molded!"
Still talking. The helpers were rushing our time with her!
Ahhh! I was so star struck...
November 12th, 2010 was the day I met Ina Garten... aka BAREFOOT CONTESSA. The 2.5 seconds I got to spend with her were the best seconds of my life. Baahahaha. In a totally sarcastic way of speaking.
Through my encounter with Barefoot, it has inspired me to take up cooking. Maybe I should cook my way through Barefoot Contessa's "How easy is that?" cookbook and blog about it eh? Because Julie & Julia is probably one of my favorite movies/stories. :) I think I just might be a copy cat.
Thank you Barefoot Contessa.


No comments:
Post a Comment